Michael S. Warshaw Counsel
Michael S. Warshaw was admitted to the practice of law in 1991. Mr. Warshaw is an AV rated attorney, and has been recognized by his peers in SuperLawyers every year since 2008. Mr. Warshaw's practice focuses on complex civil litigation, including medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, automobile tort, premises liability, insurance coverage, and business disputes. Mr. Warshaw has also litigated cases involving commercial aviation disasters, and provided pro bono representation to victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. He has appeared in cases throughout the United States, and has published articles concerning insurance coverage issues in the context of both environmental law and physician malfeasance. Mr. Warshaw regularly lectures to classes in advanced trial practice techniques, paralegal studies, and to the legal community on a wide range of topics in the field of negligence law.
An honors graduate of the University of Maryland School of Law, Mr. Warshaw also served as an Assistant Editor of the Maryland Law Review. He is a member of the bar for the State of Maryland, the United States District Court for the District of Maryland, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Warshaw is also a member of the Maryland State Bar Association, and the Baltimore County Bar Association.
Mr. Warshaw has also become a leading figure in Maryland judicial elections, having served as campaign chairman or co-chairman in several successful contested judicial elections. Mr. Warshaw has testified on numerous occasions in both the Maryland State Senate and House of Delegates to preserve Maryland citizens' constitutional right to have a voice in the selection of the judges that serve their communities.
In his spare time, Mr. Warshaw has served on several civic and community organization boards and took special delight in coaching youth baseball and soccer teams.
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Litigation
- Auto Accidents
- Serious Personal Injury
- General Business Litigation
- Maryland Court of Appeals, 1991
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 1992
- United States Court of Appeals – 4th Circuit, 1996
- United States Tax Court
- United States Supreme Court, 2011
- McDonogh School, 1984
- Hamilton College, B.A., 1988
- University of Maryland, J.D. (with Honors), 1991
- Associate Editor, Maryland Law Review
- Super Lawyer: 2008-present
- AV rated-Martindale Hubbell
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- “Judges and lawyers battle over judicial elections,” MarylandReporter.Com, 2/26/2016
- “Baltimore jury awards $28M in damages over alleged misdiagnosed ulcer,” Baltimore Sun, 9/4/2015
- “Shelter from the Regulatory Storm: Are There Any Safe Harbors?” Physician’s Practice Digest, Spring 1993
- “Unravelling Causation: Back to the Basics,” Scientific Evidence Review, Vol. 1, November 1992